Book of samples


I bought a small, round chipboard book at a local shop recently – it was reduced to half price and so how could I resist? I have been debating what to do with it and decided that I am going to decorate each page with something new … that is, a technique or product that I have never used before. I have completed four pages so far:

page 1

page 1

On the first page the new technique I’ve used is to create a tissue tape background. I cut a circle of card and blended inks over it to colour, then covered the entire piece with tissue tape. I added the stamped and coloured image of the 2 women and an adage ticket attached to a memo pin. The flower trim has been coloured with Dylusions spray.


My second page has a background using Winsor & Newton iridescent medium. I bought some of this last November at the NEC and have just got around to using it! I painted the background with Distress Stains mixed with a little of the iridescent medium and also stamped with the medium around the edges of the page.


page 2

page 2

On page 3 I have gone all metallic! I saw this technique using aluminium tape in Craft Stamper quite a while ago and have been trying to find some of this tape ever since. Then recently I managed to find some in a local pound shop!  The strip across the middle of the page is a piece of card to which I glued some grungepaper numbers and shapes. I then covered this with the metal tape and coloured it with alcohol inks. The flowers were made in a similar way: stick some tape onto card and stamp flowers using StayzOn ink. Cut them out and emboss with a Cuttlebug folder, then colour with alcohol inks.


page 3

I’ve used canvas as a background on page 4, and a technique that the owner of one of my local craft shops told me about a couple of days ago: paint the canvas with white Picket Fence Distress Stain and allow to dry; then use one or more colours of  Distress Stains  over the surface. I’ve decorated this page with an image of a girl (by Paper Whimsy) behind an acetate overlay, and finally some laser-cut flowers which I sprayed with Glimmermist. The small accents at the bottom are square jump rings glued onto patterned paper and then filled with Glosssy Accents dimensional glue. I added these partly for balance, BUT mainly to cover up a couple of unwanted glue marks!!


page 4


One response »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s